[thelist] Browsers recommended for testing

Clive R Sweeney clive at designshift.com
Sat Feb 2 11:40:00 CST 2002

I'm wondering what browsers other website designers are using when
testing their sites. Currently I'm using:
-- IE 5.5 Win
-- IE 6 Win
-- NN 4.7 Win
-- NN 6 Win
-- Opera 5 Win
-- IE5 Mac
-- NN 4.7 Mac
-- NN 6 Mac

Obviously there are limitations to what can be done by a one-person
operation with only a few machines (2 PCs, 1 Mac) to work with, but
should my browser list be changed? How many are still testing for the
older browsers?

Also what resources on the web could you recommend on the subject of
website testing? For example, I've found philosophe.com via the evolt
directory. What else is there?

... clive