[thelist] Re: Trojans & Anti-Virus

Dayn Riegel @ NYAD, Inc. kichigai at jointhe.net
Sat Feb 2 18:59:00 CST 2002

Hello All:

I saw a few posts about trojans and what not and people talking
about Symantec (don't get me started) and McAfee...

I'm a firm believer in McAfee in that they have never let me down.

Now for a brief exception/disclaimer:

Check out: http://housecall.antivirus.com/ and try their free online
virus checker.

Odd thing here -- I had just dl'd the latest DAT's from McAfee,
ran my AVS and nothing was found. I then when to the above link,
did their online AVS and it *did* find some things.

So I run both now. McAfee once or twice a week depending on the
number of .loc, et. al. attachments I rec in spam. I then run the
housecall once a month, more if I just remember.

Hope this helps anyone else out there...

-_- D.

                         --------
          NYAD, Inc. Computers, Internet & Networks
         924 Stone Mill Run, Lawrenceville, GA 30045
           Hours: Monday - Friday 9:00AM - 6:00PM
                   Voice/Fax: 770-822-6030

*The contents of this email are strictly confidential and
for the recipient only.