[thelist] Apache on Windows localhost

Keith cache at dowebs.com
Sun Feb 3 02:50:01 CST 2002

Hi all

I'm writing a tutorial for installing Apache and Perl on Windows
desktops to use for a localhost development environment. I've been
using Perl and a different server like this for many years and
changed over to Apache about a year ago.

What I'm looking for are any tutorials or articles on installing and
configuring Apache for this use. I know how I've done it, I'm just
curious what others have done in case I've missed something
useful. I'm particularly interested how people have used
VirtualHosts in setting up a local development environment. My
setup is on a '98 so I'd also be interested in any '95, 2K, ME, XP
issues that anyone knows of.

TIA

keith