[thelist] Graphic header sizes

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 3 10:54:08 CST 2002

> From: "Bob Boisvert" <webdad at tampabay.rr.com>
>
> I'm in the middle of designing my site and was thinking about whether
> or not there is a general consensus about what size a graphic being
> used as a header should be.

file size?

in my case, something that doesn't push the page, HTML includes,
over 24k if possible...

image size?

in my case, something that still works at sub-640px widths, and
only contains the necessary bits of an image that cannot be
recreated with plain text, background colors, background images,
and six pounds of putty...

or by header, do you mean something as an <h#>... as opposed to
a banner image?

in my case, i don't use 'em, but if i had to, 8 colors, .gif, <1k...

or by header do you mean the framing around a window?

in my case, depends on the lumber, if it's a weight bearing wall,
and whether or not i plan to fit my couch through it should i
suddenly decide to sled down my fire escape...