[thelist] Update:still fighting the trojan...

Janet FitzGerald waxplanet at sunflower.com
Sun Feb 3 19:47:00 CST 2002

Hello friends,

I've tried four scans (different software) and none of them are finding
any virus, Trojan, worm, or what have you. This does not leave me
feeling confident since the firewall is finding all sorts of
"violations".  Anyway, I'm wondering about a "program" listed in
ZoneAlarm that is called Generic Host Process for Win32 Service.  I have
no idea what this is, though I do know that I can't access pages on the
net without it accessing the net.  I have to Unlock the padlock to get
online, in other words.  I did an internet search for this, went to the
Microsoft KnowledgeBase...nothing.  Does anyone have a clue about this?

Thanks so much,
Janet