[thelist] Apache on Windows localhost anf hello

Keith cache at dowebs.com
Sun Feb 3 22:52:01 CST 2002

Hi Bradley

> If you would like a small fast alternative to Apache, try BadBlue. The
> entire setup for the config file(ext.ini) is below. I'm surprised it's
> not a buzzword for practicing. Yes it is also free.
> http://www.badblue.com/

Hey thanks for the URL to badblue. It looks like a *very* interesting
server, I think I'll be giving it a close look for extranet file sharing and
P2P. I really like the ability to build a standalone app with a built-in
server, complete with encryption encoding and shareware
expirations. I can see using this puppy.....!

And I can see using it as a lite duty development server for testing
Perl and PHP. Unlike most small Win servers it "allows cgi to live
anywhere" which makes it useful as a dev server. But it lacks
support for SSI and htaccess, 2 things I need for this purpose.

Thanks again!

keith