[thelist] allowing users to use FTP to download a client's executable from their web site

sfmalo sfmalo at msn.com
Mon Feb 4 22:21:00 CST 2002

On Monday, February 04, 2002 11:36 AM, Aardvark <roselli at earthlink.net> wrote:
> is this download only?  or upload, too?
>
> if download only, just create a page with links to the files... it
> sounds like people were resisting getting the large files in email
> and just wanted a way to get them when they actually wanted
> them...
>
> if upload, too, then consider an HTTP upload tool that allows you to
> control what comes up and where it goes...

Hi Aardvark -

Just got the latest update from the host and the client. The client definitely wants FTP download capabilities. However, I just heard from the host that they will not set up anonymous FTP on the W2K server. They will, set up another directory that would somehow be the only one viewed on the server. I had some questions for tech support and have not yet gotten any answers.

Thanks for your reply.

Sharon
Sharon F. Malone
"web design and Internet writing services"
http://www.24caratdesign.com
sfmalo at 24caratdesign.com