[thelist] Re: Proposoal - New Specific List

Daniel J. Cody djc at members.evolt.org
Wed Feb 6 09:33:00 CST 2002

this is really my only concern.. is there enough of an interest(longer
term) to do this kind of thing? if so, i don't see any problem with
creating a new list if some of you want to give it a whirl :)

one thing i'd recommend though would be one or two people to
'moderate'(in a *very* loose sense) a new list like that. not to
moderate the posts or anything, but maybe introduce a weekly topic for
discussion and to keep the conversation moving along.

so, raise your hands if you're interested in something like this(and
include a <tip> in the other :)

<tip type="evolt list filtering">
In my opinion, the best way to filter evolt emails from you mail client
is the Subject: header of the message. [thelist] [thechat] [thesite]
etc.. that way if something gets crossposted, a copy gets sent to each
folder, and you can then choose to delete at will. and if you're on a
number of evolt lists, it's nice to have some seperation(Right now, i'm
only reading thelist emails, dammit!! ;) too.

If you *DO* reply to people offlist, one thing I do to avoid confusion
and to get it to drop into people's INBOX is edit the Subject of your
reply to something like
Re: [offlist] Re: Proposoal - New Specific List
</tip>

.djc.