[thelist] To blog or not to blog

Sam sam at sam-i-am.com
Wed Feb 6 10:10:01 CST 2002

steve,
I like the sound of what you have here. (prolly like everyone) I have
also given thought to what a home-grown blogger tool might look like for
me, and I wound up thinking that I'm more interested in a fairly generic
repository for snippets of information, me they urls or book or magazine
or conversational references - basically an index card type database,
where I have optional fields that include a url or other source, and
comments or annotations for each item. My blog would be built by simply
checking a box that says blog this whenever I add or edit and item - so
the blog becomes a selective chronological view of the database content.
Likewise I could use the same data to extract a bookmark set, or some
other handy formatted collection with a seperate script.
So, I thought, this can't be that hard (having managed to pretty much
avoid any kind of database programming during 6 years in web
development), and I downloaded and installed mySQL, and got stuck right
there, designing the database :(

Which is to say, yes I'd love to take a look at clogger...
:)

Sam