[thelist] Targeting the main window from a pop-up frameset

Johnny Jørgensen aggie at aggie.dk
Wed Feb 6 10:53:01 CST 2002

>Message: 7
>From: "Tim Hansen" <tim at sininter.com>
>To: <thelist at lists.evolt.org>
>Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 10:09:18 -0500
>Subject: [thelist] Targeting  the main window from a pop-up frameset

>--
>Hey,
>I have a link in my main window that pops up a frameset. I need a
>script that will then allow a link in the frameset to go to a new URL
>within the first (main) window.

>The scripts I've tried so far, break out of the frameset & load the
>"_main" target into the pop up window.

thats because they're reaching for the window.opener (handle for the
opening window), but since they're inside a frameset, the correct handle
to manipulate would be [parent.opener] - the parent being the frameset,
and the opener being the opener of the frameset.

so: parent.opener.focus() would bring your original window to the top.

>Any help is appreciated,
>Tim

hope it get's you along,

regards,
--
Johnny Jørgensen <aggie at aggie.dk>

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines"