[thelist] Re: Why code for standards

Bill Haenel bill at webmarketingworx.com
Wed Feb 6 12:11:03 CST 2002

> Explain why this group will
> better answer those needs than WinWriters, or The HTML Writers Guild, or
> the IEEE or any of the other groups which are doing much the same thing
> (you'll have some overlap with the STC and the Webmasters Guild,
> but not as
> much, I think; HWG is probably the main "competition"). Probably shouldn't
> be in the mission statement, but it should be able to be clearly derived
> from it.

Certainly the question will, and has already arisen - how is it different or
better.

It probably won't be better, but may end up being different in that it will
be more specific in its mission scope. I'm thinking 'guerilla'.

Your point is well taken - it will be very necessary to be familiar with and
whenever possible cooperate with existing groups. Would we end up asking
ourselves 'why didn't i just join the HWG?" - maybe. But perhaps that would
indeed be part of the mission - to fill in the blanks that can't be covered
elsewhere.

BH