[thelist] Java question

Warden, Matt mwarden at mattwarden.com
Wed Feb 6 12:52:00 CST 2002

On Feb 6, Tom Busch had something to say about [thelist] Java question

>Hello, I have a Java applet written and I want to make sure that no one
>else can put the code on their site and use my applet.  I can't seem to
>find the code that lets the applet check the domain of the site that is
>calling it so it can check to see if it is my domain or not. Any help is
>greatly appreciated.
>Tom

one way to do this is to call the getDocumentBase() method of the Applet
object

more info here:
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4/docs/api/java/applet/Applet.html#getDocumentBase()

of course, your applet could always be de-compiled and that line could be
changed...

hth,

--
mattwarden