[thelist] Re: Why code for standards

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 7 05:49:01 CST 2002

>Was that related to NDAs?

I assume this means Non Disclosure Agreements.

>Sounds like the kind of thing that wouldn't happen by chance...

No, suppose you're right. On the other hand, it was very, very in style for
HWG.

>If so, then the same would happen with an evolt-w3c group.

Hmmmm....nasty. Then we'd have to found a public pressure group a la WaSP,
but focused on changing some details of the standards instead of getting
people to use the standards.

I wouldn't much like founding yet another closed-off group that only thinks
its own thoughts. In my opinion this is the cause of all problems: people on
this kind of committees simply lose contact with day-to-day web development
and start making small but annoying errors.

ppk