[thelist] legitimacy of tips, thoughts please

Chris Price chris.price at stl.org
Thu Feb 7 08:44:00 CST 2002

	roger asked:

> My question is, how legitimate is it to post a tip for which there may be
> very limited (if any) readership?....

	~~~~~~~~~~~~~

	My main reason for joining this list was to get answers that the
text books didn't give me and its better than sitting in a seminar where you
either know 90% of it anyway or it's not until 6 months later when you are
up to your armpits that you realize what questions you should have asked
while you were there.

	Being on a list like this is like hanging around with folks who
share your interests, fire your enthusiasm and broaden your horizons. You
overhear something that doesn't make too much sense at the time but later
when someone refers to that thing, you at least understand where they are
coming from, even if you don't know the nuts and bolts.

	I don't have much advice to give out because I'm still a little
green but hopefully someone else has the same problems that I've shared and
has gained from the advice given freely and graciously.

	Whereas some of the discussions are beyond me, they often set a
backdrop to some of the issues I come across.

	But the tips are like random sparks - like answers with no questions
- an arrival with no departure.

	They don't usually make any sense. (to me anyway)
	--
	Chris Price ;-)
DISCLAIMER: Unless otherwise agreed expressly in writing by a director of
Send the Light Ltd, this communication is to be treated as confidential and
the information in it may not be used or disclosed except for the purpose
for which it has been sent. If you have reason to believe that you are not
the intended recipient of this communication, please contact the sender
immediately. WARNING. Computer viruses can be transmitted by e-mail. The
recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of
viruses. Send the Light Ltd accepts no liability for any damage caused by
any virus transmitted by this e-mail. Employees of Send the Light Ltd are
expressly required not to make any defamatory statements and not to infringe
or authorize any infringement of copyright or any other legal right by
e-mail communications. Any such communication is contrary to company policy
and outside the scope of the employment of the individual concerned. The
company will not accept any liability in respect of such a communication,
and the employee will be personally liable for any damages or other
liability arising.