[thelist] Free Tip (addenum)

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 7 13:27:00 CST 2002

> From: Simon Dell <simondl at epic.co.uk>
[...]
> You can also download from Microsoft a thing for IE4/5+ that does
> similar sounding work. I find it most useful for getting the URLs of
> movie clips that usually don't show up properly in the "View Source"
> window... er.. maybe i shouldn't admit that? Anyway, it shows the
> entire IE DOM of the page. very handy. The mozilla one is probably
> better in the sense of greater standards compliance..?
>
> Sadly, a quick search of the MS site reveals that the plug in is
> difficult to find.. i couldn't find it since they moved everything
> 'round, so this really isn't that useful a message. Oops.

er... do you mean the PowerTweaks and the like?

http://browsers.evolt.org/index.cfm/dir/ie/32bit/5.0/accessories/powe
rtweaks/

don't ask me which does what...

anyway, lots of cool tools, like viewing all the images on the page,
viewing partial source (post-MSHTML-ized), listing all the links on a
page, etc...