[thelist] REMINDER

Magnus Østergaard magnus at slackware.adsl.dk
Thu Feb 7 17:16:00 CST 2002

"Sabrina Dent, Apperception" wrote:

> Can people PLEASE TRIM their replies? The digest is getting ridiculous.
>
> As a general suggestion/reminder, try to remember to take off:

I feel like a 'prat' myself today so here goes :)

* Please write a descriptive Subject, try not to abuse the shift or caps
lock key.

* Reply below the text you are replying to, just like you would do on
dead tree. I.e. when quoting someone. Most people (all?) read best from
top to bottom not the other way around.

* If the subject changes as dissussion drift you can use:

   New subject [was] Old subject

* If you find the answer to your question, don't just reply "Never mind"
Write what you did to solve the problem, others might like to know. Just
to know how others were thinking inorder to find a solution can be
helpfull.

* Reading "How To Ask Questions The Smart Way" is also a good start if
you are new (or old with bad^h^h^h selective memory :)

... And the nubmer one rule (never fails) make lots of mistakes when you
are telling others how to behave.

Do I owe a tip for this post?

--
Magnus Østergaard

You can now flame me, I am full of love, and will ignore any insults.
                                                   -- Miguel de Icaza