[thelist] drag and drop

Richard Bennett richard.bennett at skynet.be
Fri Feb 8 02:49:00 CST 2002

Hi,
There are several sorts of Drag-drop
You can select some text on a webpage, and drag it over another page (or a
frame) release it, and that page can get the text-value (In IE at least) .
Nice article here:
http://tech.irt.org/articles/js204/#3

Or, you can make a DIV dragable, using DHTML. This only works on the same
page, and not across frames. You can simulate cross-frame dragging, by
having a second DIV, in the second frame, that moves with the first, coming
into view as the mouse enters the second frame. This could work
cross-browser. (a bit tricky though).
I did make one like that once, but I can't find it right now, there's quite
a few dragging and drag/drop examples on my site though:
http://www.richardinfo.com/
they use the DYNAPI library:
http://dynapi.sourceforge.net

oh yeah, there was a little test I made, which has two frames, with
dragobjects. synching two objects to move together would not be a big deal
in this case:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/dynapi/dynapi/test
s/drag_frames.html

Cheers,