[thelist] UK based ecommerce hosted solution

Peter peter at poorbuthappy.com
Fri Feb 8 11:40:09 CST 2002

Hi,
this is what I will tell my client: they can choose one of the following
four services.
Can I implement this in, say, a day, seeing I haven't done this before (but
I'm pretty fluent with PHP/... and everything else (price calculation, ...)
will already have been taken care of???

What are other things to look at with these providers apart from price? Any
experiences (good/bad) with any of them?
Thanks!
Peter

---- letter to client ---
Online payment options.

Note that you must apply with your bank for an internet merchant ID (not
just a merchant ID which you may already have).
Also note that most banks charge in the region of 2.0% to 3.0% per
transaction, in addition to the charges outlined below.

Secpay
Set up £50
Monthly £10
1.9 % service
http://www.secpay.com/

Worldpay
Set up £50
Annual £145
1.95 % service CC, debit card 25p
www.worldpay.com

ePDQ
No setup
Monthly £25
2% of total transactions if your net turnover through ePDQ is less than
£10,000 in any one calendar month
You need to have a Barclaycard Merchant Services Internet Merchant Number
www.epdq.co.uk

Eclear
No setup.
No Monthly charges.