[thelist] Basic Documentation Questions

David at softv.net David at softv.net
Fri Feb 8 11:51:00 CST 2002

>> Curious - as a self-educated person I am wondering, is the convention in
>> programming to document:
>>
>>	1. before writing the program

I recently read a very good book called "Debugging Java" which sorta turned
around alot my conceptions about software development. The author suggests
not only writing the documentation BEFORE writing the first line of code,
but also going so far as to write the user manual before as well.
This not only defines what the app will do, but exactly HOW it will do it,
and goes a long way to help prevent "feature creep".