[thelist] web magazines etc?

Raymond Camden jedimaster at macromedia.com
Fri Feb 8 13:29:01 CST 2002

> I have always enjoyed Web Techniques.  They offer a free
> subscription to
> most anyone, and in the past have had consistently good articles from
> renowned techs.  I really enjoyed the good article:ad ratio.
>
> As of this month, they're referring to themselves as new.architect and
> Microsoft is putting posters in it.  We'll see whether the
> marketing folks
> trample the good content in the long run.
> http://www.newarchitectmag.com/

I would be _very_ interested in hearing people's opinion about their
change. As far as I know, this mag was the only one that didn't focus
too heavily on marketing crap. Ie, I don't care if company A is buying
company B, or how CRM is the next 'big' thing, or how company C used CMS
to increase their profits 100% - I want to read articles about
_building_ a CMS or using CRM with Java - whatever. When I read about
their changes last month, my heart sank. It sounds like they are going
to turn into InternetWorld - which is just about useless to me now.

Raymond Camden, Principal Spectra Compliance Engineer for Macromedia

Email    : jedimaster at macromedia.com
Yahoo IM : morpheus