[thelist] Basic Documentation Questions

dan donaldson dan at omnivore.ca
Fri Feb 8 15:58:00 CST 2002

On Friday, February 8, 2002, at 01:16  PM, Jon wrote:

> What about non-code components? For instance, if I create a graphic
> that may
> need to have characteristics repeated with another graphic in the
> future,
> should I include documentation of the steps I used to create it?

Good point.

One of the most useful things you can do is learn to use Photoshop
actions, and export them as part of the job files. That way, you can
easily reproduce the steps you took. Matching a drop shadow or a noisy
background texture by eye is no fun... simply running an action is a
terrific way to ensure that you don't a.) go broke b.) keep the client
happy.

With Illustrator now scriptable, whole new possibilities are opening up
for the automation and formal description of graphics for the web, too.

dan