[thelist] that <h1>-<h6> debate

Freda Lockert freda.lockert at btinternet.com
Fri Feb 8 17:44:01 CST 2002

On 8/2/02 5:04 pm, roselli at earthlink.net wrote:

>> ISO HTML anyone?  at least *someone* agrees with me...

>    An <H2> element shall be preceded by an <H1> element.

Not necessarily; see http://www.cubica.co.uk/test/spring01.htm -
Windstar Scholarships item. An <h2> element is preceded by an
<h3> element because it accurately reflects the structure of the
document. Bobby flags it up as an error and I think Bobby's wrong.

This was my first attempt at designing something with accessibility as
it's chief (but not sole) aim, so any constructive suggestions would
be welcome. An option to bypass the menu and go straight to the
content, will be added in the next couple of days.

Freda