[thelist] Win IE, modSSL, form refresh prob

Andrew Forsberg andrew at thepander.co.nz
Sat Feb 9 18:06:00 CST 2002

Hullo Evolt

Seeing as no one has either come across this, or has a solution, I
thought I'd post the work-around for Win IE's faulty implementation
of SSL 3.0. It apparently affects most builds of IE that 'support'
SSL 3 (though perhaps not patched win 2k systems).

Either the user needs to deactivate SSL 3.0 in their internet
options, or the following directive must be used to force SSL 2.0.

SSLCipherSuite ALL:!ADH:!NULL:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSLv2

A better solution would be to turn of SSL 3 for IE users only, but I
have no idea how to do that. It looks like the bug is a variant of
the 56 bit export MSIE bug a while back:

http://www.modssl.org/docs/2.8/ssl_faq.html#ToC49

Hope this will prevent someone else's premature hair loss.

Cheers
Andrew

--
Andrew Forsberg