[thelist] Background is repeating in table cells...bad bad

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 10 09:40:00 CST 2002

> From: warren <warren at warrenworld.com>
>
> I have a site I'm building with tables (this old dog hasn't learned
> new css tricks)....and have a background image designated for one of
> the tables. The problem is that Netscape starts the background image
> again in each cell. Is there a way to stop browsers from doing this.
[...]
> http://wordsandpictures.com/halifax/Amenities.html

this is a bug in NN4.x...  there's no way to stop the bug...

there are ways to work around it...

- chop the image up and call each chunk in a different cell... never
call a bg image in the <table> tag...

- after you've chopped it up, you can prevent making an insanely
large image just to prevent expected tiling with CSS...

sample code: