[thelist] Background is repeating in table cells...bad bad

Nick Harewood nick at space-scape.com
Sun Feb 10 13:11:01 CST 2002

Hi Warren,

Think I can help - the way I get around this in order to still see the
background, but avoid NS repeating it, is:
Specify the table background as the background image you want.
Then in each individual table data - set the background image as a blank,
transparent GIF.

trying to repay some of my lurking :0)

| --__--__--
|
| Message: 21
| Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 10:30:23 -0500
| From: warren <warren at warrenworld.com>
| To: <thelist at lists.evolt.org>
| Subject: [thelist] Background is repeating in table cells...bad bad
|
| Hello Evolters,
|
| I have a site I'm building with tables (this old dog hasn't learned new
css
| tricks)....and have a background image designated for one of the tables.
The
| problem is that Netscape starts the background image again in each cell.
Is