[thelist] MySQL Limitations

Jason Lotito jason at clockmedia.com
Sun Feb 10 21:46:00 CST 2002

From: "Bill Haenel" <bill at webmarketingworx.com>
> So now I have a big fat MySQL DB to hold much of the content for the news
> section of a radio station site.
>
> I'm wondering now how long it will take before I exceed the limitations of
> MySQL. The host I work with also has Oracle available for a price, SO I
can
> certainly move to that at some point if necessary. The question is, when
can
> I expect that to happen? How far will MySQL take me?

Well, seeing as I deal with GB size MySQL databases at work which are
constaly being written to, updated, and searched through, I would say you
are in pretty good shape.  If you setup your Db the right way, and optimize
what you need to optimize, then you won't have problems, even with tables
that are several million records large.

Jason Lotito
www.newbienetwork.net