[thelist] SSH Client for Windows 2000

Judah McAuley judah at wiredotter.com
Mon Feb 11 15:31:00 CST 2002

Dane Carlson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone suggest a SSH client for Windows 2000?  In the past, I've used
> PuTTY.  Is it still around and usable, or has something surpassed it?

TeraTerm Pro + SSH

http://www.zip.com.au/~roca/ttssh.html

Best things about it:  It behaves like a true windows app (you can
dynamically resize the window and it resizes the content well) and it
does English/Japanese/Russian.  Despite the fact that I don't use
Japanese or Russian, I still respect that it does it.

Cons: It only does SSH 1 and SSH 1.5.  It does not do SSH 2.0.
Depending on your implementation of SSH, this may matter.  OpenSSH has a
1.5 backwards compatibilty mode with no security issues (AFAIK) and
that's what I use.

Judah