[thelist] MySQL Local dump to Remote? (very newbie)

Fred Hubnik fredh at austin.rr.com
Tue Feb 12 00:02:01 CST 2002

I've got a local MySQL database that I'd like to move to a remote server.
I've dumped the database into an SQL file but, unfortunately, the remote
host doesn't allow phpMyAdmin on their servers (I don't know why).

So, in order to access the database they only allow you to connect to it via
a shell account or through Perl DBI. Both of which I'm not very good at
using.

Can anyone point me to any tutorials or how to's on how I could take this
SQL file and recreate my local database on the remote server? Preferably via
a shell connection since I know my way around that more than Perl.

Thanks.

f   g   h

http://www.asicx.com