[thelist] Flash preloading problems

Steve Cook steve.cook at evitbe.com
Tue Feb 12 02:30:01 CST 2002

Hi folks!

We have a problem here with a Flash movie created in Flash 5. The movie is
preloading a bunch of images (both gifs & jpegs) but is causing them to
display with very low quality. I'm no Flash expert myself but my Flash guy
tells me he's definitely pinned it down to being related to the preload
command he's using.

Is this a known bug? Does anyone know of a workaround?

We're probably OK anyway as the presentation isn't more than 170k, so we can
almost certainly get by without preload, but it would be nice to know if
this is solvable.

.steve