[thelist] Webdesign mailing list (in Polish) - how to start?

Daniel J. Cody djc at members.evolt.org
Tue Feb 12 12:07:00 CST 2002

Heya Adam -

First off, good for you! I'm sure there are a good number of people who
don't speak english(and therefore can't effectively use english
orientated lists like thelist) who will benefit from what you're trying
to do :)

As for advice, I'd recommend finding some other people who have a
similar interest to help you get the list started at first.. Those
people who are interested in helping out will also be your first active
people on the new list, which is important for other people who are
considering the list to see. No one wants to join a list thats dead
after all - people are drawn to active conversation!

Also be sure to have some guidelines for behavior/etiquette posted
somewhere and make sure that people are well aware of them and follow
them. Just some random quick thoughts here; deal with abusive people in
private - no one wants to see flames, keep people up to date about
things that are happening behind the scenes, get archives up :)

There are tons of things that go into running a well oiled mailing list
and they're too numerous to list here.. basically, have fun with it,
don't sweat it when things go wrong, and have a positive attitude :)

Of course, if you have any specific questions, feel free to shout :)

.djc.