[thelist] Netscape 6 (Layers Equivalent)

Liorean Liorean at user.bip.net
Wed Feb 13 10:25:56 CST 2002

At 09:40 2002-02-13 -0500, gregory.john.toland at census.gov wrote:
>With the increase usage in Netscape 6 it is time to make sure my web site
>functions correctly.  In many places I have code like...
>
>    if (document.all)
>    {
>    }
>
>    if ( document.layers)
>    {
>    }
>
>None of my content now appears in NN6.  Can anyone show me the proper way I
>should be coding this?  Can anyone point me to a good resource for the DOM
>model under Netscape 6.  I am looking for what many of you experts use as a
>guide.  Thanks so much!

There's a lot of resources on that, and in any normal case but just this
one I'd say W3C is the best place to look. Now, the DOM documents are not
easily read and DOM is in it's common implementations quite buggy, so I
suggest you look elsewhere instead.

Peter-Paul Koch's compatibility table:
<http://www.xs4all.nl/~ppk/js/version5.html>
The Document Object Model in Mozilla: <http://www.mozilla.org/docs/dom/>