[thelist] resizing Flash movie in NN

BT Bigpant bigpant at btinternet.com
Wed Feb 13 11:05:23 CST 2002

I want to fill as much of a browser window with a Flash movie, whilst
maintaining the apsect ratio. This is possible in IE by using percentage
width/height values in the object tag. But this doesn't work with the embed
tag, and I end up with a tiny Flash movie.

Is there a simple way to do this, or must I sniff the browser, extract the
page size and document.write the embed tag with the absolute width and
height values ? ( and what happens if the user re sizes the browser ? )

TIA
Phil Parker