[thelist] NS6 - alt tags not showing?

Mark Howells mark at mountain.ch
Thu Feb 14 07:05:01 CST 2002

> I was wondering if anybody else is having the same problems with NS6 not
> showing the alt tags.....
> Absolutely not one alt tag shows on NS6 while it shows well in IE 5.5
> and NS 4.79.
> Any tips on how to go around that issue?

Strangely enough, a discussion on this subject at CSS Discuss has
highlighted that this appears to be a bug in NS6. The solution that most
gave was to use the title="" attribute as well as alt="". It doesn't show
alternative text in the page, but it enables a tooltip when the cursor moves
over the image instead.

Regards
Mark Howells
<http://www.mark.ac/evl>