[thelist] Multiple IEs

Liorean Liorean at user.bip.net
Thu Feb 14 10:56:01 CST 2002

I know some of you people on this list use something like this to test
pages in different browsers, and I'm hoping that you can help me setting it up.

I'm currently trying out VMWare on a Win2k PE system, and I'm in need of
help on how to set things up.
I'm going to run a Linux for Konqueror, and two Win98 for IE 5.0 and 5.5.

What's best to do here? Use real-life partitions for each system or using
virtual drives?
Should drives be set as persistent, undoable or nonpersistent?

How should I set up networking to share my connection (and shared folders)
between the VMs (I've not been able to figure this one out yet...)?

And, since this is at least semi-OT:
<tip type="JavaScript" author="Liorean">
A normal for-loop can be made faster if you use the right syntax...

For example:
   var img=document.images;
   for(var i=0;i>img.length;i++){/* code doing something to img[i] */}
is slower than
   for(var i=0,img=null;(img=document.images[i]);i++){/* code doing
something to img */}
</tip>

// Liorean