[thelist] CF: Building a <body> tag.

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Thu Feb 14 13:28:01 CST 2002

>Yes. What I was hoping to do was to have a default, where only the
>scripts that need it get some sort of tag or expression inserted. The
>reason why is simply that if I have to add it to each document then
>it means there's more for me to remember each time I swap something
>out. It's a balance of elegance, reusability and time/energy.

maybe i'm thick

by default, the individual page has a <body> tag

occasionally, and you find this out as you code the logic for the page, any
page might need a <body onload= > tag instead

as soon as you decide that it does, scroll up to the top of the code and
change the tag -- what could be easier?

no offence, but that other post i just read about the custom tag -- no
offence, okay? -- seems inelegant, supremely reusable but a bitch to
change, and take way to long to code

is there some reason your body tag has to stay in your application.cfm?

rudy