[thelist] CF: Building a <body> tag.

Frank framar at interlog.com
Thu Feb 14 22:43:01 CST 2002

>  ah, so you want complete flexibility. you can't do it
>  the way you want to do it. the problem is that once
>  application.cfm has run the <body> tag has already been
>  rendered into the output stream. there's simply no way
>  to go back and change that. this brings me back to my
>  original question -- what exactly are you looking to put
>  in the <body> tag. if it's javascript event handlers,
>  you can do that within <script> blocks and don't ever
>  need to mess with the <body> tag.

I'm pleased as punch. Originally, I had wanted to put anything in the
tag, but then I realized that stylesheets take care of my body's
appearance. In terms of js compatibility, if js isn't running,
doesn't really matter that I put it in the body anyway. Now I don't
have to mess with checking my body tags in a dozen pages, and I can
include the scripts just where I want them and nowhere else.

I wrote up a nice little 6 line tag that does the trick. I use it like this

<onLoadScript>

Do the stuff here.

</onLoadScript>

Now isn't that a nice solution! I'm feeling very pleased right now.

Thanks .jeff!
--

Our best destiny, as planetary cohabitants, is the development
of what has been called "species consciousness" - something over

Frank Marion                      Framar Studios
frank at framarstudios.com           http://www.framarstudios.com