[thelist] CF: Building a <body> tag.

Joshua Olson joshua at alphashop.net
Fri Feb 15 07:17:01 CST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "rudy" <r937 at interlog.com>
Subject: Re: [thelist] CF: Building a <body> tag.

> <tip type="server script template design">
> in my header template i leave the <head> tag open, and close it in each
> individual web page, because sometimes i'll want to have an inline
<script>
it
> to <body onload=...>
> </tip>

Rudy,

You may not be aware of this, but <cfhtmlhead> is a tag that can be used to
insert text into the head.  It appears that this works this way:  The server
concatenates every call to <cfhtmlhead> together and modifies the finalized
text stream (inserting the text just before </head>) just before it gets
sent to the web server for output over the line.  While not perfectly
elegant, it'll let you close the <head> tag and still insert stuff into it
later.

Caveat, I have not tested <cfhtmlhead> with the new buffer flushing feature
of CF 5.0.... something tells me it would not work too well.

-joshua