[thelist] TEXTAREA resizes

Edwin Horneij edwin at lanset.com
Fri Feb 15 13:42:01 CST 2002

I have tested this with various versions of IE 4 and 5 and NS 4 and 6
under Mac OS and Windows and it has always worked for me. No idea
about the other browsers or platforms out there. Sloppy of me, I
know, but still.

With CSS you can set the width of the textarea to a percentage of the
container's width:

textarea { width:80%; }

In the textarea tag itself you can set the cols attribute to some
compromise value for older browsers. CSS-compliant browsers will use
the value set in the stylesheet.