[thelist] Wanted: A better understanding of the inter-relationship between H

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 15 14:30:00 CST 2002

I am trying to create such a resource for JavaScript only. Although I
haven't yet written a complete history of all this, you might find some
interesting point on my site. Check all the 'Introduction to...' pages,
especially.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~ppk/js/

That one's easy. Same site: http://www.xs4all.nl/~ppk/js/index.html?dom.html

I wrote a short history of the DOM:
http://www.digital-web.com/features/feature_2001-5.shtml

>I hope I am not asking for too much. In my searches on the web, I haven't
>found this stuff which I consider to be the basics for anyone seriously
>involved in web development.
The problem is that there is so bloody *much* to document. Not only the
various HTML, CSS and JavaScript versions, but also their practical
application in Netscape, Explorer, Opera, etc., each browser having several
versions and sometimes cross-OS incompatibilities.

It's just too much information and it changes so fast.

ppk