[thelist] screen tints for web?

Miriam Frost miriam at members.evolt.org
Fri Feb 15 15:37:00 CST 2002

> just got a nice big list of new corporate colors from the new guy they
> hired. they didn't like the old corporate color psychologist, so they
hired
> a new one, who tweaked the colors a bit. the guy chose a bunch of pantone
> colors and then "translated" them into hex colors that aren't websafe!
> <sigh> but these are now the required colors.

Get Pantone Color Web Pro...
http://www.pantone.com/products/products.asp?idArea=3
It's not expensive and it's damn handy.

Also, for what it's worth....
You might not need to be married to the "web safe" palette anymore. (Depends
on your client's audience, natch.) I use it as a starting point, but even
those colors can look wierd depending on people's monitors....
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&q=web+safe+palette+dead

>corporate color psychologist
How do _I_ get that job?!?!

Have fun....

Miriam

--
http://www.dynagirl.com/blog.shtml
Hoarding the Periwinkle Crayolas Since 1971!