[thelist] Dedicated server?

Faye Tarzwell(FayeC) ftarzwell at fayec.com
Fri Feb 15 16:04:01 CST 2002

Hi,

I am looking for information on how to set up a dedicated server set up
in my office. I know I would need a dedicated connection to the internet
but how would I get that?
I know that it would involve a lot of work with setting up firewalls,
web server security and all but I am dealing with very sensitive
material here. It is actually my husband's website and database. He
doesn't feel comfortable with having this information in a server shared
by many ..............and also he needs tons of space to store both the
database (which will get to be huge) and other graphic material.
I would like to have some feedback from those here who have that kind of
set up themselves and some tips on how I would go about getting it done...
Thank you,
--
Flavia Tarzwell (FayeC)