[thelist] NN6.2 Javascript or CSS problem

Tyme nopun at bellsouth.net
Mon Feb 18 23:40:01 CST 2002

What is it about NN6.2 that breaks the code below?  NN6.2 does not seem to
like the display and visibility declarations. Works great in IE5, IE6, and
NN6.0.  Example: http://www.huntacpa.com/   Not only does it not display
correctly, if you continue to trigger the rollover, you get different
results.  In otherwords, it is not even failing consistently.  ...*sigh*  I
think that it is time for me to go back into filmmaking.

<snippet>
function showServices() {
 document.getElementById("intro").style.display="none";
 document.getElementById("intro").style.visibility="hidden";
 document.getElementById("softwareTD").style.backgroundColor="#FFFFFF"
 document.getElementById("software").style.display="none";
 document.getElementById("software").style.visibility="hidden";
 document.getElementById("linksTD").style.backgroundColor="#FFFFFF"
 document.getElementById("links").style.display="none";
 document.getElementById("links").style.visibility="hidden";
 document.getElementById("servicesTD").style.backgroundColor="#FFCC00"
 document.getElementById("services").style.display="inline";
 document.getElementById("services").style.visibility="visible";
 }
</snippet>

I know, I know. This is hacked Javascript.  Am seeking rewrite for it.  So,
as it concerns this post, I am just asking about principles.

Thanks.
Tyme

Offlist: tyme at no-pun.com