[thelist] php/mysql help

Manish Sharma msharma at satyam.net.in
Wed Feb 20 00:17:06 CST 2002

Rudy,

> manish, sorry, that first query will only work in mysql
Isn't Sarah working on MySQL? "entries" table? or was I really off target?

> shanx, when you said you "would maybe prefer to err on the side of making
> *one* trip to the database" you were right on the money, that's no error,
> that's good programming
Yes you guys are correct.
Rudy your comment "never ever do a database call inside a loop" is well
taken but like I mentioned, I would like to know a better solution to the
problem (esp. the way Sarah wants to display the results)

> a lot cleaner in cold fusion, ain't it sarah?   ;o)
Hail MySQL (aka don't have money to invest in Coldfusion... or MySQL hosting
is cheaper ;-)

Regards,
Manish Sharma
http://www.simplygraphix.com - Extreme Design