[thelist] vbscript from CD to HTML?

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at COMPAQ.com
Wed Feb 20 07:29:01 CST 2002

Hi Peter,

I haven't played much with 'signed scripts' - and I'd be pretty
reluctant (and I think a lot of people would be pretty reluctant) to
'trust' someone else and run their signed scripts ... but that might be
a place for you to look.

Here's a really nice write-up on the topic from Danny Goodman (who
writes wonderful stuff - and occasionally hangs here on evolt!)
http://developer.netscape.com/viewsource/goodman_sscripts.html

But other than that, (and that stuff's pretty "iffy" IMO), I'd say "no".
[You don't really want other people's websites accessing files on the CD
or hard drive sitting in your computer, do you?]

[Alternatives - (a) You could put it all server-side ... but that would
be 'slow' to serve the video media.  (b) You could put it all on the CD
with an 800 number flashing on screen saying "buy now" every 12 seconds
... but that might not be effective.  (c) You could advertise the
product in more traditional ways like print media.]

HTH,

RonL.