[thelist] WYSIWYG editor (the URL??)

Ben Dyer ben_dyer at imaginuity.com
Wed Feb 20 09:15:00 CST 2002

On 06:56 AM 2/20/2002, Peter Van Dijck said to me:
>eWebEditpro is another good one. It delivers nice valid XHTML. It even
>cleans up automatically stuff pasted from Word (although it doesn't clean it
>up enough for my taste, but you can do that server side).
>The latest version has only 1 prob I've come across, which is it shows only
>1 linebreak for block elements like <p>, which is confusing.

Aha.  Ran into the same problem before.  There is a fix for it.  If you
open the ektnormal.css file, they have this lovely little entry in it:

p, li, div
         {
         font-size:12.0pt;
         font-family:"Times New Roman";
         margin:0in;
         margin-bottom:.0001pt;}

Kill the margin properties and you're golden.

Alternatively, you can modify the config.xml file to point to your own CSS
file.

I still have no idea why they modify the text in this fashion.  I've asked
them and they never responded.  Ah well.

--Ben

http://www.imaginuity.com/

     If you save the world too often, it begins to expect it.