Fwd: Re: [thelist] WYSIWYG editor (the URL??)

Ben Dyer ben_dyer at imaginuity.com
Wed Feb 20 09:26:10 CST 2002

Actually, this one's worthy enough to be in a tip methinks...

>On 06:56 AM 2/20/2002, Peter Van Dijck said to me:
>>eWebEditpro is another good one. It delivers nice valid XHTML. It even
>>cleans up automatically stuff pasted from Word (although it doesn't clean it
>>up enough for my taste, but you can do that server side).
>>The latest version has only 1 prob I've come across, which is it shows only
>>1 linebreak for block elements like <p>, which is confusing.

<tip type="eWebEditPro CSS Configuration" author="Ben Dyer">
If you are confused as to why eWebEditPro from Ektron only gives you one
line break per carraige return, but displays two, be aware that their
default configuration has this little gem in their ektnormal.css file:

p, li, div
         {
         font-size:12.0pt;
         font-family:"Times New Roman";
         margin:0in;
         margin-bottom:.0001pt;}

Kill the two margin properties and you're golden.

Alternatively, you can modify the config.xml file to point to your own CSS
file.
</tip>

--Ben

http://www.imaginuity.com/

     If you save the world too often, it begins to expect it.