AW: [thelist] dreamweaver 4

Eike Pierstorff eike.p at t-online.de
Wed Feb 20 11:31:01 CST 2002

> Hey Raymond, make the eval period longer, it's a tricky tool and a
> little longer would surely increase sales.

I think the idea with an short eval period is to prevent people from
doing actual work with a eval copy. I would rather have software vendors
(retailers? sorry, I don't know the right word) to change their
marketing and make it perfectly clear that Dreamweaver is quite
difficult to use and that spending money is no substitute for learning
HTML and stuff (as a teacher, I'm currently struggling with some
students who want to start their own web design companies because they
know how to point and click - they don't want to be bothered by funny
words in <brackets>). This would be no help against pirated software, of
course, but it would spare some people a severe disappointment.

-- eike