[thelist] Am I being BS'd?

Mark Howells mark at mountain.ch
Wed Feb 20 11:32:09 CST 2002

> references to "MSO" were put into the code when we would try to copy and paste
> text from an MS Word document into Front Page.
>
> This sounded logical to me, but I'd never heard that Front Page would try to
> maintain Word's formatting. Is that true?

I have a feeling that the MSO stuff is generated by Word when you choose to
"Save as HTML". Tell your user that you'll burn their house down if they use
this option in Word again, as it creates (buggy) HTML code that is
(approximately) 2000% bigger than it needs to be.

Regards
Mark Howells
<http://www.mark.ac/evl>