[thelist] Word to HTML

Allie Micka allie at pajunas.com
Wed Feb 20 16:30:01 CST 2002

HTML in email is bad!, especially since you're considering sending LARGE
HTML emails to a bunch of people.  Minimally, make sure that there is
also a plaintext section in the email.  I for one frequently use a
text-only email client and I routinely delete plaintext-free emails.

On a more helpful/less ranty note, word html can be made a LOT better
using Microsoft's "save as compact HTML" plugin.  Look on their office
downloads site.  It can either be used as a plugin from word (by them)
or in standalone batch mode (by you) to produce respectable code.

If you were really ambitios, you could convert the normal "save as html"
to XML (http://wh2fo.sourceforge.net/) and convert it to whatever you
want as cleanly as you want using XSLT.  Probably overkill for what you
want to do, but the wh2fo folks get major cool points.

--
Allie Micka
pajunas interactive, inc.