[thelist] Lotus Domino & Garbled Text

Chris Anderson ckanderson at powersurfr.com
Thu Feb 21 03:47:08 CST 2002

Hey everyone,

I have a client site that I will be re-doing, and have a little question
that could save me HEAPS of time.  Basically, the way it is right now, the
pages are being parsed by Lotus Domino, and are creating some real garbage.
The site is in Japanese, and it doesnt work at all on the Mac.  Everything
shows up as junk codes instead of text.

The english is showing up fine, but the japanese part is showing up like
absolute trash.

So what I'm wondering is if there is any way to translate that crap into
something that I can cut and paste?

Right now its showing up like: 低価格 etc...
when it should be showing Japanese characters.

Any help appreciated!!  Thanks!

Christian Anderson
Photokyo - Digitally capturing the best Tokyo has to offer!
http://www.photokyo.com